Follow me on Twitter!

Follow Me on Twitter: @NaturallyAshes

Monday, July 30, 2012

You Are What You Eat, From Your Hair.....

Yummmm....... I love love love Qdoba and Chipotle restaurants. Maybe it's because I love anything with avocado. Maybe it's because I love black beans. Or maybe its because I love to find a favorite dish at a restaurant then eat it a few times to get all the flavors, then start making it at home. HA! I'm cheap!
Anyhoo, I made one of my favorite dishes the other day: Steamed brown cilantro-lime rice, with black beans,baked shredded chicken, corn salsa, and guacamole. Then it dawned on me that everything, yes, EVERYTHING in the dish was good for me. Hair, body, everything. Brown rice for fiber. Black beans for fiber and protein and b vitamins. Chicken for protein. Corn salsa for fiber and minerals and lutein. Avocado for- well, they don't call avocado a super food for nothing.

I have been trying to change me and The Hub's diet for the better. So far I am doing a good job of it. I thought that eating healthier would be more expensive, but the opposite is true. We actually save money by not having so much junk in the house, and by preparing healthy, filling meals that cause us to graze less.

I was thinking about my Qdoba knockoff recently ( I daydream about food alot) and I realized that maybe this healthy food kick is actually gonna work out. Yay! 
(Grazing: verb- one grazes when they are not hungry enough to eat a meal but is bored enough to convince oneself that they could eat something. My hubs grazes on cookies. If he is in the general vicinity of the cookie jar he will grab a couple and then walks around the house with them. He can't sneak up on me because I hear him crunching, or I turn around and his mouth is moving. Right now he is on an animal cracker kick; he says I can't complain because technically he's not eating cookies, he's eating crackers. The man can reason his way out of anything. He should have been a lawyer, smh.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for commenting, come back soon!