Follow me on Twitter!

Follow Me on Twitter: @NaturallyAshes

Monday, December 10, 2012

I'm feelin philosophical.....



There comes a time in every womans life (hopefully) when she finally feels comfy in her own skin. She has the right friends, the right man (sometimes) , the right career, or , if not, she's okay with what she has and is fine with what she doesn't.

I am beginning to feel that way with each passing day. Don't ask me why. Could it be that the big 3-0 is a mere 6 1\2 months away, or could it be that it is the end of another year and I am in reflection mode? Could it be that I have built strong, lasting relationships, the first and foremost being with my Creator, second with my hubby, and then with my very best girls? Is it that I have finally found my passion, which is to create and to make people happy, and THEN found a way to get paid to do so? Is it that I finally found a hair regimen that works, LOL? Or is it that I know ASHES, and I know that she will be fine no matter what?

Being comfortable does not mean being in a rut. It simply means that you are comfortable. And when you are comfy, you are confident, and when you are confident, you can take risks, and when you take risks, the chips fall where they may, you come out on the other side, and you are thus more confident, and, dare I say- more COMFY. (See what I did there, hee hee?)

I've been through a lot in almost 30 years. My own mother has told me that a weaker person would have crumbled a long time ago. And that's coming from one who's been through a lot herself. I've had doctors give me crappy news in one sentence then in the next minute they look at me incredulously, wondering how I have not turned into a quivering pile of goo in their office. Sorry, doc. Quivering goo has never been my thing.

I know that if I can get to this point in life, you can too. Maybe you are already there. Maybe you been there, have past it, and are on to something better. . Or you feel the same way for different reasons; you have a different purpose. Maybe you're not there yet. You will be.

1 comment:

  1. You can get very far with the right attitude. It was not given to you, you made it all happen. Great post!
    WWW.keepitnaturalsisters.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for commenting, come back soon!