Follow me on Twitter!

Follow Me on Twitter: @NaturallyAshes

Saturday, November 24, 2012

And I'm Back......

So, I have been offline for a while, dealing with health issues. Fun, Right? Anyhoo, I am back, and i will try to keep my posts to about once a week, I think that may be all I can manage. No big changes here, just trying to adjust to growing my hair.

Yes, growing it.and knowing it. You see, I have been " natural" for the better part of 10 years but I never really knew my hair until quite recently, perhaps around 2010, when i did my second big chop. So i learned a few things"

*I have a LOT of hair. I mean thick, floofy hair. A lot. Yeesh.

* I have low porosity hair. I was thinking that because my hair is so thick, that it must need heavy butters right? And often, right? Wrong! I just found out that my hair likes a good water based leave in, and then a light oil. I now only use my whipped shea butter for when I do protective styles that keep me from playin' around in my hair too much. But even then I have to use a light touch, otherwise I will be leaving and oil slick on all walls, car windows, and leather/pleather upholstery.

*I am still clipping off heat damaged ends, almost 9 months later. a bit at a time. *sigh*. But its almost gone! Almost.

* I am back to using shampoo, whenever my scalp itches. I found the best shampoo ever, Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo concentrate. It smells like spearmint gum, and you mix it yourself, it lasts forever! yay!

* I tweaked my regimen.(again). And now I know that it's okay to do that. I'll post on that later, trust me, I am neurotic. So now for your viewing pleasure, here are some recent pics ( Guess which style is my go-to-I-ain't-got-time-but-wanna-look-fierce-style is!):






















Ciao for now! Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for commenting, come back soon!