Follow me on Twitter!

Follow Me on Twitter: @NaturallyAshes

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's Here! It's Here!!!

Yesterday I was super pumped, because the Shea Butter I ordered finally got here! Here's the rap on how I made whipped Shea butter cream for my hair. 


Here is the Raw, Unrefined, organic, grade A Shea butter. This is 1/2 a pound or 8 ounces. I ordered it from an Etsy  retailer called GreenPlanetOrganics. 
I used this hand mixer ( which is my mother in laws and thus as old as my husband, lol) and this  1 and 1/2 quart bowl for mixing. 


I used about 2 ounces of olive oil.......

....and about 1 ounce of jojoba oil and 2-3 ounces of Avocado oil. The Avocado oil is one of my new favorite oils, with its monounsaturated fats and Vitamin E. A curls dream!

This is how it looked after I beat it, then whipped it with the mixer. Hubby thought it was food!

The finished product. The consistency was soooo lush! The container is actually bigger than it looks, I'm just awful at taking pics, smh.


Soooo..... Now that I have this Shea butter cream, I'm gonna try a flat twist out again! For my first attempt, see here.

I'll update my Flat Twist out Update (update) soon! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for commenting, come back soon!